Sunday, July 4, 2010

Book Blogger Appreciation Week


Book Blogger Appreciation Week is a week long festival celebrating the community of book bloggers and their contribution to preserving a culture of literacy through book reviews and recommendations, reading reflections, and general bookish chat.  I have decided to participate.  I don't have any great hopes of winning any prizes but it is always fun to participate.  So I have entered my blog in two categories

* Best Eclectic Book Blog—This blog doesn’t specialize in any one book genre. It is known for consistently excellent reviews, recommendations, analyses, and other content in a variety of genres
* Best New Book Blog - Blog must be started after September 1, 2009.

To particpate in the festival you must leave links for five posts that typify writing on your blog.  Below are those that I've chosen.  Follow the fun on Facebook!

Wild Swans - Three Daughters of China by Yung Chang

This Body of Death by Elizabeth George 

A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick

Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks

George, Nicholas and Wilhelm: Three Royal Cousins and the Road to World War I by Miranda Carter

No comments: