Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Getting Back to Blogging

I've taken nearly a year off from writing reviews (not from reading books).  When I stopped it felt like I really did not have anything original to say about the books I was reading.  I guess that says as much about me as the books I was reading.  The reason I started the blog was so I could keep track of what I'd read and when someone asked if I'd read anything good I had a ready reference.  I enjoyed writing the reviews and I really enjoyed reading all the new best sellers.  I learned a lot about the mechanics of blogging and being part of the active book blogging community. I reviewed every book I read, which was about 2/week.  Things got busy in my life and I got behind in reviewing and then kind of lot the whole thing go.
My intention now is just to get back to my original purpose - to write fairly simple reviews and keep track of what I'm reading and what I've liked.  So friends for the erudite, close reading of literature please avail yourself of some of the excellent blog choices available on line, I am going the plain vanilla route.  Happy reading!

2 comments:

The World of the Blue Bells Trilogy said...

Sometimes breaks are necessary! Welcome back!

Helen C said...

Hi Kathleen, I stumbled across your blog this morning and just wanted to say it’s great. I read a mixture of things too, I’m currently reading a novel called The Winter Garden by Heidi Swan, and I’m enjoying it because of the many gardening references. I’m interested in new book recommendations, so thought I would say hi! :-)

Helen | Helen’s Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog